Coincidence? I think not.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm a bit of a bleeding-heart left-wing tree-hugger. I believe in karma, destiny, and keeping my eyes open to things. I do yoga. I use my own bags at the store. I moisturize with hemp lotion and like my meat organic, grass-fed and free range. I can't count how many times I've wondered about something for days or weeks, mentioned it to someone in passing, and they knew the answer. I mentioned to a friend that I was looking for daycare, and she knew someone looking to share a nanny. I asked a co-worker I hardly know about his weekend, and ended up with a few names of voice teachers I have been looking for unsuccessfully. I believe that if you are open to things, they will somehow appear. I think this may be the premise for the book The Secret, but I haven't read it yet.

Today, I noticed that the light coming in the patio doors was lovely. It was reflecting off the snow. Precious was napping. Sweet Pea and I were alone (save the contractors making loud noises in the basement). I asked her if she was interested in getting her photo taken. She agreed it was a splendid idea. Her sister had made a Build A Bear earlier in the week, and Sweet Pea was quite taken with it. She wanted to use it as a prop in the photos.

Using the natural light, and without being able to retouch them because DH has my laptop and he's out of town until tomorrow, I got some great shots of Sweet Pea. It's perfect timing, as Christine and Jen are doing a photo challenge. I'm with Christine on this one. No way I can do 365 photos in a year. I'm willing to go along for the ride and do what I can. Turns out I already have some photos for today. I'm pretty happy about that. Baby steps to my creativity getting re-ignited.

2 comments:

Christine December 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Great shots! I particularly love the last one! But really the light is perfect and they are so crisp! You are lucky to have such a willing subject! :)

Mindy December 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

You are right about attracting what you need. Basically when you think of something even if you don't say it aloud you are putting it out in the universe. Expressing your intention. Like minded people and circumstances to help you reach your goal/intention will come to you. You just have to be present to realize they are there and go with the stream (positive or negative) and not against it. Are you thinking of reading the secret? Consider reading Law of Attraction first as it was from it that the Secret emerged. I have it if you want to borrow it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP