Happy Birthday Precious!

Monday, November 24, 2008

My Precious is 3! I was at work all day, and the workers were jack-hammering my basement floor, spreading an enormous amount of dust all over my house. My grandma, step-father, dad and brother were all expected around 5 for Precious' family birthday party. I stopped off at the store to get a red velvet cake, which looked like a white top hat with a red band, as well as pick up the photos from the family portrait we had done yesterday. I may post more on this next time. Suffice it to say that all of the photos save one were disappointing. I got home just after 4. That's the nice part about leaving for work at 6:30 a.m. You get to leave work at 3:00.

After my post-work errands, I got home to a bit of a dusty mess. DH had dismissed the workers early because of the party. I got swiffering and mopping and had most of the dust under control; at least the dust I could see. I ordered pizza, wings and salad and people started arriving. We did all the normal birthday stuff, like eating supper and the cake, and then Precious opened her presents. All of the presents were appropriate for her developmental stage, and she was so excited! DH and I got her a little play laptop. She is always wanting to play on my laptop and talk on the phone. I wonder why? ;-) Like Mother, like Daughter, I guess.
This is Precious right after eating her pizza. Thank goodness for RAW, because I had the wrong white balance setting, which was pretty easy to fix in Adobe Bridge.

I'm researching lenses right now and I was thinking of the Tamron (for Canon) 18-200 with IS. Anyone else have that one? What do you think?

BTW, in today's paper, there was an article about The Big Bang Theory, which is one of my favourite shows. The article said it is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Remember how I also said I had no more time to watch Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money? Today, I read that these two shows, while not cancelled, are no longer in production. Has there been some karmic intervention here? Freaky!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP