Rite of Passage

Saturday, October 25, 2008

As you may already know, the library is one of my favourite places. I love to read, and what is better than a huge place full of books, and you can borrow any of them for free? It is rare that I buy a book because I'm too cheap, and I don't have enough room in my house for all of the books that I love. I like the classics. Modern stuff. Weird stuff. I'm a big fan of Margaret Atwood. I even love some trashy chick lit once in a while.

I always have a book or two borrowed from the library at any given time. The kids too. Sometimes I borrow a kid's movie. I like to borrow magazines like Yoga Journal, Shape, Canadian House & Home. I'll be driving to work next week, so today I got a book on CD.

Every trip to the library is fun, but today was an extra special day. Mr. Boy got his own library card, in honour of starting grade one. I had planned to let Sweet Pea get one when she starts grade one next year. As it turns out, she is going on a school field trip in about 2 weeks, to our local library and she can only check out a book if she has her own card. I would hate for her to miss out on the opportunity, so she piggy-backed on the library card experience. The kids are thrilled!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP