Perfect Ending to the weekend

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Late Saturday night, actually Sunday morning, the fire alarm went off at the conference centre where we had our scrapbooking weekend. It was really annoying because of the noise, that it was the middle of the night and because I was ready to go to bed about 5 minutes before the alarm went off.

We spent over an hour in the dining hall and around 2:45 a.m. we were allowed to go back to our rooms. Despite the fact that the fire alarm was not a false alarm, and some electrical wires had been smoking in another wing of the building, setting off the alarm, I slept like a log and didn't have a moment's concern about burning to death in my bed.

The next morning came earlier than I would have liked, but I managed to catch the tail end of breakfast at the cafeteria and head back to the meeting room, with only 5 hours left to scrapbook. I got about 14 pages done on the weekend, which is a little less than I would have expected, but considering the problems I had on Friday night with the computer being slow, and since I went for a long walk and a swim on Saturday, it's pretty good output. Overall, I'm pleased. Here's one of my favourite pages.
The best part of the weekend, was coming home to DH and the kids. DH had done all kinds of housework all weekend, and supper was almost on the table, and he was very appreciative of all the work I do every day.

3 comments:

notDh October 6, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Wow, stranger, that sure sounds like a fun weekend. My favourite part of the blog was your comments about your husband. He sure sounds like a real catch, way better than any husband that I have ever heard of!!!. :) If I were you, I would do something really special for him - I don't know, perhaps he needs a new tv, or harley or something? Anyways, take care, nice blog.

Christine October 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

Wow, 14 pages that is pretty good! Glad to hear you had fun!

Mindy October 14, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

The best part was coming home to your husband? Should I be offended!?! Jokes, I really enjoyed your welcome home from your kids and Dh too.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP