Hallowe'en and the scary costumes

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hallowe'en is one of my favourite holidays. I love the high contrast orange and black decorations, the slight scariness of things, and the best part, dressing up! I have around 5 different Hallowe'en costumes from which to choose to wear on Hallowe'en. I'll wear a costume when I'm dropping off or picking up the kids from school. One day in the not-too-distant future, they'll be horrified that I dress up, but for now, they love it, and some kids in the school yard get so excited, they have to come by to check me out. In recent years, I've been Snow White, an angel, Robin (of Batman fame), a genie, a senorita, and a medieval pagan. I'm running out of time to come up with something new for this year. I'm loathe to re-use some of these costumes as I've used a couple of them more than once.

I do a bit of sewing here and there, especially home decor stuff, but Hallowe'en costume patterns are usually designed to be really easy to complete. In the basement, there are a few capes and face paint. All I need is a little inspiration!

I decided to look back at my old Hallowe'en costumes for inspiration after coming across this site while Christmas shopping on-line. Someone had recreated a photo of themselves in a costume from their childhood. It was so cute and made me think that I might like to do that. I do recall one cute devil costume I wore when I was little, as well as a witch costume that was a pillowcase with permanent marker on it.

I've dug out these photos from the 70's.

Beth and Tyler from 1977. I was 6 and a 1/2 and Tyler was almost 5.
Witch costume from 1973. It`s actually more of a witch pillow case with a random hat, but I look pretty pleased.

1 comments:

Mindy October 14, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

that is so cool that you have old halloween pics! We were so much more creative in the seventies - no children's place or old navy to shop from I guess. :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP