Cheating at Webkinz World

Friday, October 17, 2008

My kids got their first Webkinz in the summer and they have been addicted to the on-line games that they can now access. To tell you the truth, once I got over the sheer size of the Webkinz site, I was impressed with all of the activities they can do, all the ways they can interact with the on-line version of their Webkinz, and how they are learning about budgets. That's right - budgets!

On Webkinz World, each new Webkinz code includes a certain amout of Webkinz dollars which you can spend on food, clothing, furniture, etc for your Webkinz. You need to feed your Webkinz as it will tell you when it is hungry and won't stay healthy for long if you don't feed it. The other stuff is just gratuitous. The kids play games to earn more money, then can save up or spend as they go on the things they want or need for their pet. They can re-decorate their rooms, for a price, and can even add rooms to their pet's living space. If the kids get more Webkinz, and I have it on good authority that Santa will be bringing them another one for Christmas, they can add these Webkinz to their house and presumably the Webkinz can play together.

My dilemna comes from the fact that Mr. Boy is really good at the video games and he earns lots of money. He is 6 1/2 and he loves video games. He buys things as he wishes and has no trouble budgeting his money. He always knows his balance, too. Sweet Pea, on the other hand, is still 4 and she isn't quite as good at the games. She doesn't earn money as quickly, and she likes to spend it more. Her pig has a ballerina suit that includes a tutu, a body suit, a headpiece and ballet slipppers. They're all pink, which is a bit of a waste on a pink pig, if you ask me, but I'm not calling the shots in her Webkinz World. The problem is that Sweet Pea wants to buy a princess bed for her pig and it's 950 Webkinz Dollars. She currently has about 150 dollars. That would be at least a month of serious gaming, 30 minutes a day, without buying anything but food for her pet.

I've helped Sweet Pea learn some of the games, and some of them were even fun. A little like Tetris or Minesweeper. My question is, is it cheating if I log in as my daughter and earn her some money? She'd never know I did it. She's not really aware of her balance. She usually finds out that she can't buy something when it won't go into her cart. It would be fun for me to play the games when I felt like wasting some time on the computer. Sweet Pea might not even notice at first or even realize that the money 'magically' appeared. I'd definitely point it out before she nickel-and-dimed the money away on more outfits. Should I earn her some money this way?

1 comments:

Mindy October 17, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

I know Kelly has played with Jacob's webkinz with him in the room in order to 'earn' him more money. Would SP let you try a few times?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP