Keeping up with the Jonses'

Monday, September 1, 2008

Precious really wants to do everything her big brother and sister do. Today, we went for a hike at the beaver pond, with no stroller for Precious. DH knew Precious would probably need to be carried at some point, but he didn't mind. Our walk started off with Mr. Boy and Sweet Pea up ahead. Note Sweet Pea's knee socks, runners, leopard skirt, Kim Possible sequined shirt, and corduroy hat! She picks all of her own outfits. Enough said.

I was so excited to have my camera with us today and I couldn't wait for some wildlife sightings. We saw a dead mouse, a dead turtle, ducks, a garter snake, bees, mosquitoes, and other bugs.
Much earlier than expected, Precious wanted to be carried. DH finally agreed, then she refused to go to him because I was there. She wanted me to carry her, but my back just can't take it. She's over 35 pounds! DH decided to head back to the car with Precious after she started running home on her own (see photo below). I was to take the other two around the rest of the trail and meet them back at the car.
A few minutes later, DH and Precious caught up as she had finally agreed to be piggybacked by Daddy and we continued our loop around the beaver pond. At the end of our hike, right before we headed for the car, DH reminded me to step out from behind the camera, and he snapped this while I was still corralling the kids for picture time.We spent the afternoon in the backyard except when I snuck out for a 14 km rollerblade, and DH did a 5K run, not at the same time. This morning DH spent 1/2 hour sharpening pencils for Mr. Boy's first day of school tomorrow. They've asked for 24 'sharpened' HB pencils. How he'll use 24 pencils, or 6 white erasers or 5 glue sticks in one year is beyond me. I do know one thing; the supplies were about $70! Ridonk.

1 comments:

Christine September 1, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Nice photos! Looks like you had a nice day. TTL!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP