Sleep in, brunch, park, shopping and ?

Saturday, August 2, 2008

I got to sleep in this morning, which was great. Precious did not sleep well again last night. About an hour and half after she went to bed, she woke up and she was hysterical. We couldn't calm her down and she was thrashing around for at least half an hour. Eventually I got her to sleep in my bed, then moved her downstairs and slept on the futon with her. So that put a crimp in my plans for the evening which were cut short around 9:15.

Around 5:30 this morning, she was up again, so I switched with DH who got her to sleep for a while longer. Naptime today was a bit of a disaster too as she slept for about 1/2 hour, which is not long enough! So I don't know what's going on with her, but I don't like it. NO, I don't like it one bit!

This morning, we met up with Lisa and Frank and Lisa's sister Kellie at a restaurant. Frank and Lisa treated us to brunch and the kids had fun eating. (Sweet Pea's exact words) We enjoyed catching up with Lisa and Frank who have lived in Regina for about 3 years, when Lisa took a job teaching at the University of Regina.
In the afternoon, we went to the local park and the kids played on the play structure for a while, then back into the kiddie pool in the back yard. DH's mom and I headed out to the Sears Outlet and the Value Village to pick up some Bobbsey Twins books she had seen there last week.

I still have about 8 of my original Bobbsey Twin books from when I was little, and I wanted to add to my collection. Then it was over to the Value Village where I picked out a ton of clothes for the girls and then Mom surprised me by treating us to the clothes (and the books, natch). I got rain coats for each of the girls. Precious doesn't own a rain coat and Sweet Pea's doesn't have a hood. What good is a rain coat without a hood, especially when you're four-and-a-half and umbrellas aren't allowed at school? I got two rain coats with hoods, and the price couldn't be beat.

Some ads in a park in downtown Regina.
Some cool ads from the Regina Folk Festival. I can see this being my first contribution to an Ad Challenge on Designer Digitals.

Who knows what tonight holds. Hopefully Precious will sleep well. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Christine August 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Sorry to hear she isn't sleeping well! It really make the trip hard, we know since the girls didn't sleep well in Maine... Good luck with it!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP