Motorcycle Mama

Monday, August 4, 2008

I was wearing grey shorts and a white tank top today. I suggested to DH that we take his dad's Harley-Davidson motorcycle for a spin while Precious had her nap. I put on the only long pants I brought, which are white jeans, and the only hoodie I brought, which was also white. The only shoes I have here which are suitable for a motorcycle are white runners. So I was feeling a little silly in white head to toe, when DH's Mom saved the day and I was able to swap out my white hoodie for a black windbreaker.


We went for a fairly long ride and I enjoyed the scenery. There's nothing like seeing a city from the back of a motorcycle. It had been a long time since we'd gone riding together, and it was a bit of a thrill, especially on such a sweet bike, a Harley Road King.

In other good news, Precious has slept well the last two nights in a row, and I've only had to prepare one meal in six days. I've also had lots of time to read. I brought one book and three magazines for the week, but I finished everything yesterday. On the bike ride, we had to stop for milk, so I picked up Remembering the Bones by Frances Itani. I read Deafening for my book club and loved it, so I'm excited to dig into this new book.
We were at Oma and Opa's for supper last night. They ordered in KFC and after supper, everyone went downstairs (a first) and Opa spun some 45's from the old country (Austria), starting out with some polka music, some waltzes, then a bit of Elvis Presley-style rock and roll. The kids ran around like crazy and spun around the basement support beams. Uncle Derek danced like a maniac with them. Auntie Sunyung was there too and she hadn't seen the kids in about a year and a half, so she was marvelling at all the changes.
Tonight we're off to Derek and Sunyung's place for supper and some of the other relatives from the other side of the family will be there. It should be fun. Tomorrow's our last real day here and I can't believe it is winding down already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP