A Fresh Start

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

After thinking we had Precious' sleep issues ironed out, I went to bed a little bit later than usual last night. Around 11:30 last night, DH went into the room where the kids were sleeping to check on them. All week, the kids were sleeping on mats on the floor and last night, Precious had rolled over the vent so the air conditioning was blowing right on her. DH moved her back to her 'bed', and then the fun began.

Hysterical screaming. Panic. Anger. And that was just me! Precious was awake and could not be calmed. She cried, screamed and thrashed about. DH almost had her back to sleep after about an hour of this but I came to see how he was doing and woke her back up. Bad me. We tried everything, even driving her around the neighbourhood in the Grand Caravan! After driving around for a few minutes, she calmed right down, but didn't fall asleep. She seemed more interested in making funny comments about what DH and I were discussing in whispers.

We got back to the house and brought her inside and I laid down beside her for almost an hour before she finally fell asleep, shortly before 2 a.m. I like my 8 hours of sleep, so I was thinking that traveling all day on 4 - 5 hours of sleep could be problematic. In trying to explain her behaviour, the best I could do was that she had some sort of ear problem after flying, then swimming every day on vacation. She used to have ear infections, and had the tubes put in, but they have since fallen out, so it was entirely possible. On the way to the airport this morning, we stopped to buy some Children's Tylenol and I gave her a dose to see if that would help a bit. DH and I joked about getting her the 'drowsy' version.

My worries about traveling were unfounded. Precious cried a bit on the plane, but nothing the other passengers couldn't handle. Everything went smoothly. We arrived on time and all of our luggage was there. The kids were great.

We had a great time, but it sure is nice to be home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP