Cockamamie Idea for Today

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Neighbour,

The other day, I was having a BBQ, and just as I welcomed my guests into my carefully groomed yard, you fired up your gas mower, ruining the mood with fumes and noise. I have a cockamamie idea to petition the mayor to decree that lawn mowing that it can only be done at certain times of the day and week. Obviously you should not be allowed to mow your lawn with your loud and obnoxious gas mower when I am:
a. sleeping
b. trying to sleep
c. having a BBQ
d. sitting outside, or
e. standing on the street talking to one of the other neighbours.

For this cockamamie idea to work, the times when mowing could occur would be quite restricted, but you will have to deal with as best you can. If you had an electric or reel mower you could mow your grass whenever you like. Since I have a reel mower, I can cut my grass at say, 2 a.m., if I were so inclined. But I won't, since I'm afraid of the dark.

Sincerely,
Your Kind and Loving Neighbour

P.S. I really believe the word cockamamie is underused. I enjoy it whenever possible, and I encourage you to do the same. Give it a try. Take it out for a spin. If you do, I'll bet you'll become cock-a-hoop. I see you looking at this letter cock-eyed. Stop it. And give cockamamie a whirl. It would warm the cockles of my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP