We're here!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Because my husband is from 'sunny' Regina, and it isn't exactly a hot-spot for tourism, we rarely, if ever get a direct flight. Today, we had to fly one hour PAST and OVER Regina, then wait for two hours at the airport, then get delayed by half an hour, then fly back another hour to our destination. So rather than a 4 hour direct flight, we spent about 9 hours getting here today.

We're here, safe and sound. The kids are in heaven, because they are in Grandma and Grandpa's basement. Auntie and Uncle are coming for supper! There are tons of toys! Tons of attention! We're on vacation! Seriously, the kids are SO excited. And I have nothing but a pile of books and magazine and about as much food as you can imagine between now and next Wednesday.

So you can usually count on sunny, dry weather in Regina, this being the Praries and all, but as we were landing, we could see a wall of black rain and clouds, and even lightning. I reached over to hold Mr. Boy's hand but he would have nothing to do with me! He thought I was trying to be lovey, but I just thought that if we crashed, I would want to be as close to my children as possible. I'm not the most nervous flyer, but these things do tend to pop into my head when I see lightning and feel turbulence while I'm flying.

We landed and hugs and kisses all around, and all of the luggage arrived, and everything is great. Just when DH was heading out to the rental van to install the three car seats, the skies opened up and it started to pour and people were scurrying like mice in all directions. Then the thunder and lightning started, then the hail. Not golf-ball sized hail, but hail nonetheless.

About the same time, I realized that I think I forgot to apply my deodorant this morning, because I was starting to smell something funny everytime I turned my head left or right. I'd had to pee for about an hour and a half. I was starting to wear out my own personal patience. The kids were an absolute pleasure, but I'd had enough. My patience was down to about a 3 on a scale of one to ten. I just wanted to get to the bathroom, wash my face, change my shirt and add a hefty layer of Secret.

DH pulled up in the Grand Caravan we rented, and I was thrilled because I'd seen them around and thought they might not be a bad option for when we replace our car. Yes, I am considering a mini-van. I sat in the back seat just to see what it was like. I'll be exploring it later to see what it offers, and of course, I want to drive it at some point.

My in-laws have a computer, so I won't miss out on my favourite blogs and I can still blog here every day.

1 comments:

Christine July 31, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

You are so funny Beth!! I love that you blogged about forgetting deodorant and that you try to be all diplomatic about wanting to just freak out!! Have a good trip!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP