Vacation Starts Today!

Monday, July 28, 2008

DH started his vacation on Friday at 5:00 p.m. and today is the first 'real' day off. We aren't leaving for Regina until Wednesday morning, so we have two days to do whatever we want. Well, actually, we still have to clean the house, pack, take Mr. Boy for his 6-year checkup, go to the library, and DH is currently taking his motorcycle license test.

About five years ago, DH got his first motorcycle. Don't most men sell their motorcycles when their first child is born? There is a graduated licensing system here so he had certain restrictions on him when he first started driving, as I believe all he had to do was pass a written test to get the first license. He's going for the 'big' one now and he'll have the examiner following him in a car, DH with an ear piece to hear the examiner's instructions. If DH fails the test, he can re-write the M1 test and then he'd have restrictions on him again, like not being able to drive at night. If he failed the written test, he'd have to leave his motorcycle at the test centre and take a cab home. I'm sure he'll pass, but he's quite nervous.

In other news, I figured out a way to get down the aloe vera juice. A quarter cup is only 4 tbsp., so I just took the juice one tablespoon at a time. The flavour isn't that bad, now that I got the unflavoured kind. I gagged on tablespoons 2 and 4. This stuff is so viscous that I ended up having to take a fifth spoonful to compensate for all of the stuff stuck to the bottom of the spoon.

3 comments:

Mindy July 28, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Yeah! I am glad we will both be on vacation around the same time so that we can get together once we are both back. I don't leave until Sunday and am then back on Saturday. When are you back from Regina?

Mindy July 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

so plain is the best way to buy the aloe juice? I will have to remember that. I was asked to take it before and am not sure if I still need it but after your experience I decided I would wait until he mentions it and not ask. I know I am a wimp... I hope it works for you and is worth a few gags.

Beth July 28, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

I am returning from Regina on August 6th in the afternoon. On the 9th we're at a family reunion. Then DH goes back to work for a week, then we go to the cottage on the 16th.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP