To Market to Market, to buy a fat pig

Saturday, July 12, 2008

We didn't buy a fat pig, but we did get some wild boar pepperettes, locally grown and produced, at the market today. We also got some organic radishes, beets, carrots, tomatoes, and bunch of organic, grass-fed meats and sausages. I couldn't resist the bumbleberry pie with the crumble topping. I got some raw ewe's milk blue cheese (delish!) and 100% natural lip gloss. It's made of beeswax, honey, sunflower oil and vanilla. I don't have to feel bad about using this on the kids because they can eat it and it won't harm them.Multi-coloured radishes, and multi-coloured carrots
We had a delicious supper of BBQ'd steak, roasted potatoes and fresh radish and beet greens, along with some spinach and lettuce from our garden, topped with a spicy little dressing I whipped up, some cherry tomatoes from the market, and sprinkled with a little blue cheese. It was SO good!

The last three times I went to the market, I ran into someone I knew. Come to think of it, all three women were from my hockey team. Is that weird, or what?

1 comments:

Christine July 13, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Nice picture of the tomatoes! what market are you going to?? Sounds like a good supper too!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP