Ropey Small Intestine?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I was back to the naturopath today for her to see how the herbs I was taking were working out. She asked about my digestion, energy and mood. I think there have been minor improvements. She listened to my gut with a stethoscope and prodded it with her hands. She told me that rather than being soft and supple, my small intestine was hard, cramped and "ropey". Imagine my surprise to hear that my intestine was like a rope! She prescribed aloe vera. Doesn't sound too bad until you hear that I have to drink it! I'll let you know how it goes once I get some. Apparently it is the texture more than the taste that is repulsive. I can't wait.
The back yard of the naturopath's office. It's rustic and pretty.
What remains of the parking lot barriers. Maybe the rope should have been foreshadowing for my visit?!

3 comments:

Mindy July 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

You can get different flavours of aloe vera juice if you want it. I used to get it downtown although I am sure it is available lots of places. What did she say about the herbs?

Beth July 22, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

I am slowly re-introducing the herbs, one at a time. I started at 5% of my original dose and now I'm up to 10% and I'll try that for 2 weeks and then I can re-introduce the Vitex.
I'm going to SuperStore to get the aloe vera. Have you taken it?

Mindy July 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

I have been 'asked' to take it for digestive issues however I have not tasted it. I bought it for Connor however and you are right the texture is a little thick but it doesn't smell or anything just don't tell yourself you are eating the plant you would rub on your skin. Just think of how it will coat your intestine and smooth out the rope :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP