Perspective Rules

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I've been enjoying Bloggywood a lot and looking around at other people's blogs. I keep coming back to Mommy Pie because she's funny, even if I don't agree that she should drive and shoot video at the same time.

Call me naïve, but I don't know who's popular or famous Bloggywood. I've heard bloggers alluding to other bloggers who get obscene numbers of comments and who never reply to anyone. I'm wondering if Pioneer Woman qualifies.

Apparently there is a blog Conference in San Francisco (San Diego?) this weekend called BlogHer. In response, Mommy Pie is hosting a virtual conference called BlogherNot '08. She commissioned entries to the conference from some of her blog friends and I read them all. The one from Sandiego Momma really hit home. The other day, when I was getting a little frustrated because my blog hadn't yet developed a huge following or caused publishers to knock down my door looking to turn my blog into a bestselling book ;-), I went through the things she listed. I'm glad to see that at least I am not alone in this.

I'll be camping this weekend but Saturday night, when I'm out in the 'wilderness', I'll raise my glass in honour of my fellow mom bloggers. Here's hoping we all develop huge followings and get 6-figure advances.

2 comments:

San Diego Momma July 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I think so many of us feel that way (why aren't we being paid to write! why don't more people read us!), that it's good when we can laugh (or cry?) about it.

Have a great time camping, and may you also return home to a six-figure advance!

Deb

mommypie July 19, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

I'll drink to that!

So glad you found some good stuff that resonated with you at BlogHerNot. San Diego Momma is AMAZING and belongs on EVERYONE's blogroll. Love her to death.

And I love YOU for the wonderful shout out. Thanks so much -- I'll be back!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP