Media Junkies

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My kids love to watch t.v. And I let them. They'd watch all day if they could. Sometimes as a treat, we'll watch a movie. I'll borrow them from the library, and last time we were there, they had A Bug's Life. My brother babysat the kids last Friday night so I gave it to him to keep them busy until bedtime. Ever since, Sweet Pea's drawings of people have all had curly antennae. So cute! BTW, she used Crayola Window Writers to draw on the glass of the dining room windows.
I'm starting to become a bit of a media junkie myself, but not for t.v. It is for other people's blogs, especially mom blogs and photography blogs. I subscribe to a bunch of blogs now, and the photography that some people do is incredible. And they are Photoshop geniuses. I usually take kid photos, but the photography at Daily Dose of Imagery is unbelievable. I told DH that it was better when I was just blogging and not looking around too much. Now, I'm starting to get an inferiority complex. Are my photos nice enough? Should I spend more time sprucing them up before posting them?

It's not as though thousands (or even hundreds, or even 'ten's) of people are reading this, but how does one get a following anyway? I went to Pioneer Woman's website, and she had over 1400 comments on ONE of her posts! I have never seen anything like that before. DH tried to console me by telling me that it is probably her profession and she is doing it full-time, but I corrected him as I read that she home schools her four children. She has some great photography tips, BTW. Really great.

I'm looking for a little focus. I'm blogging to connect to people. I'm blogging as therapy. I'm blogging to share photos. I guess I'm even hoping to inspire people a little, as I am inspired by others every day.

Just my navel-gazing for today.

2 comments:

Cath July 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Beth you are an amazing blogger. I love reading about your kids and your adventures. Some of your stories are touching very close to home and I don't feel so crazy about things when I know that you have experienced it too. Keep up the great writing. Oh and I love your pictures too. You are a true talent.

Mindy July 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Hey Beth you know how much I love you blog and how it has inspired me to open up and blog a little. I think you inspire more people than you are aware and I for one appreciate your links, photos, stories and personality that shines through your fingers to your creations!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP