Happy Canada Day

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DH had the day off work, with it being Canada Day and all, and it was nice to be able to relax a bit. The local Canada Day road race was going by our house right after 8 a.m., so the kids went out and drew arrows and things like 'faster!' on the road in front of our house. The adults stood around and drank coffee (or in my case, tea with a straw) and compared cameras and other stuff. My neighbour just bought the Canon Rebel Xsi and my other neighbour has the Nikon D80.

Mel's Canada Day strawberry flag cake

In the afternoon, we went to Ron and Mel's for a Canada Day party. There we two other families there, and Mel's parents were visiting from Winnipeg. The kids had a blast and ate their weight in chips and swam in the pool and played with the kid cars and on the play structure. Mel and Ron's is more or less kid heaven.
Daddy and Sweet Pea on the deck

Mr. Boy doing Kiddie Karaoke with Precious

I was a bit out of my element because I only knew a handful of people at the party, but everyone was so friendly. I only made one 'faux pas' when everyone was complaining about the price of gas and I told them that my friend had just traded in a diesel VW Golf for a Jeep Sahara. I told them I thought it was foolish based on the fact that she lives out in the country. When we were leaving, what did I notice parked in the driveway, but a Jeep Sahara, belonging to one of the families at the party! And guess where they live? That's right - the country. That was a bit embarrassing, especially since Chris was teasing me about it on the way home.

We didn't stay up late enough for the fireworks, but we did hear them as we were falling asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP