Trip Chaining

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One chore I don't really love doing is running errands. I love when they're done, but I don't enjoy the act of going out and driving around and getting things and coming home. When possible, I always like to combine trips and I'd never drive across town without at least two errands to run, so at least it would be worth the trip.

Today we're off to pick up DH's motorcycle from the shop. It's been in there an obscenely long amount of time, but it's rained almost every day for about 2 weeks, so I guess it was no big loss for him. He probably couldn't have ridden it anyway. When we're at the motorcycle shop, we'll be in the vicinity of the fibreglass window supplier, so I'll see if DH would like to stop in for a look. We'll have the kids so it gives us an excuse to get in and out, and we need to beat rush hour too.

According to the book I'm reading right now, Green for Life, by Gillian Deacon, trip chaining is the way to go. It's one of the "200 Simple Eco-Ideas for Every Day". Some of the other ideas are a bit of a stretch for me still, but I'll try some of the simpler ones and work my way up. Ms. Deacon has been a vegetarian since 1987 and has never owned a microwave, but she's not ashamed to say she drives a fast car. I guess everything in moderation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP