TGIF

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's the weekend! Yeah!

Today was the first week after the end of Mr. Boy's piano lessons so for the first time in a long time, we had nothing to do on a Friday night. We spent a couple of hours at a park with everything, including a splash pad. I was over at the splash pad and the kids complained they were getting thirsty, so I went to get my water bottle which I'd left on one of the benches, along with a bottle of sunscreen, and it was gone! I couldn't believe it. My faith in the goodness of people was slightly rattled. Of course, I have rationalized it by saying that someone probably thought that the person who owned the items had already left and had forgotten their stuff.

Petty theft aside, it was a great time and I ran into my friend Crystal. I was there with part-time SAHD Geoff and his two girls. We usually hang out on Fridays and his older daughter and Sweet Pea will have playdates on Mondays too.

After a hot and tiring couple of hours at the park, the kids were ready to go home. My bladder was at capacity and we were all dying of thirst. Mr. Boy even resorted to drinking the splash pad water, which I discovered too late. All the way home, he looked like he might throw up!

After supper, we had our family meeting and watched the Muppet Caper, which Mr. Boy had found at our last trip to the library. We made it there twice this week, which is probably a record for us. Everyone was sleepy, and Precious was even lying on the carpet and closing her eyes from time to time. She was asleep before I even finished their nighttime songs.

After the kids went to bed, DH and I assembled our new bed and our new arc lamp that we got at EQ3. We still have the new desk to assemble, but we'll get around to it this weekend. That's the best part of this blog. We have almost nothing to do this weekend. All of the kids' programs ended last weekend, and there are no birthday parties, so all we have planned is dinner at our friend's place on Saturday night, and my emergency bikini wax for Saturday morning (they have a pool). I also have soccer on Sunday night, but it's a home game and the weekend's almost over by then.

I promise I'll send pictures of our new bedroom decor tomorrow. I just have to re-hang the art that was above our bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP