Snoopers Anonymous

Thursday, June 19, 2008

As part of the process of choosing new windows for our home, I have been driving around looking at the windows installed by the company we are considering. The addresses were provided by the salesman. I try to be discreet and not linger too long in front of the houses, but I am curious and need to know if the quality of my windows will be high enough to warrant the cost. I'm a bit of a snooper at the best of times, and now I am a snooper on a mission.

I enjoy looking at all of the real estate listings in my area. I've become something of an expert on prices, desirability of certain streets, school districts, etc. My favourite part is looking at the photos of the interiors of the houses, especially if it is the same model as mine. I notice the roof shingles, the landscaping, the windows, and I'm obsessed with the kitchens. I also love Google satellite maps so I can see how close houses are to back neighbours or paths. I can tell when a house will move quickly or when it will linger. And I usually make a point of running past all the houses that are for sale on my semi-regular morning runs, just so I can see them in person.

Why am I spending so much time on the real estate listings? Is it because we're thinking of selling? Is it because we have someone looking to move to our neighbourhood? No, it's pure curiosity. I think I was just born and raised a snooper.

1 comments:

Christine June 19, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Sounds like you want to become a real estate agent!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP