Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy

Monday, June 9, 2008

The kids just won't sleep. Well two of them anyway. It is still bright out and it's 9:00 p.m. They're getting older and it's getting lighter at night, and that is just a bad combination. I get tired of chasing them back upstairs and tucking them in and "just-one-more-kiss-please-Mommy". I'm going to bed in half an hour, for pete's sake! I think they should need more sleep than me, shouldn't they? They are still preschoolers after all!

The older two kids won't sleep, but Precious woke up this morning at the normal time, with a little less appetite than usual. I didn't think much of it until she didn't mind getting into the stroller rather than walking to drop the older two off at school. I didn't think much of that until she wanted me to sit with her while she watched Max and Ruby before I took her to preschool. I started to get worried when I noticed she felt a bit warm. Then she fell asleep on me and it was only 8:30 in the morning! I woke her up at 9:00 and drove her to school, figuring she was just feeling a bit sleepy. I had brought her scrapbook to show her teachers. We looked at it while Precious sat on my lap. After about 15 minutes, we were finishing up the album, and Precious had barely moved. I decided to take her home with me rather than leave her to infect everyone else.

After picking up the older two from school at 10:30, I came back home and Precious fell asleep on me AGAIN! She was getting pretty feverish at this point, then at one point, she started choking on her own spit and all I could think was that she might throw up and we were going to get what Christine and her family got. After lunch, Precious went to bed about an hour later than usual, but slept for the normal amount of time (1 1/2 hours). By 7:00, DH said she was so tired that he gave her a bath and put her to bed. Luckily her fever broke already. She only has two days left of preschool, followed by a field trip to the museum, and I would hate for her to miss it.

And MAN is it ever hot here!

1 comments:

Christine June 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Oh, I'm glad that it didn't progress further than that!! Because it was nasty...yuck! Never done so much laundry before :(

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP