Reading, Writing, 'Rithmetic

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mr. Boy had been on the verge of reading for a while. He was in his "late 5's" and had been doing all the pre-reading stuff forever. One morning, it seemed like everything clicked and he just started reading easy readers. He didn't need much help either. I was so happy and I felt like it was opening new doors for him. Our trips to the library became even more frequent and instead of the regular two picture book quota, Mr. Boy was allowed two picture books and two readers - preferably level 1. Monday, on our trip to the library, he asked if I thought he was ready for a level 2 reader. I was so proud of him for pushing his own boundaries and seeking a new challenge.

The newest development is spelling. For the last few days, Mr. Boy has been interested in trying to spell things on his own. Previously, he would ask me to how to spell everything and he would write it down. So imagine my delight when I came down from putting Precious down for her nap, so find a handwritten note from my son. The anticipation on his face was adorable! It said "FOR MUME AND DADY I LEV YOU SIN MR. BOY" I asked him to read it to me and he said "For Mommy and Daddy. I love you, signed, Mr. Boy" I almost cried, I was so moved.

This is one of my favourite things about being a stay-at-home-mom!

1 comments:

Christine June 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Too cute!! I'm sure you'll definitely scrap that!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP