Rain, rain, go away

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Do you have any 'facebook friends' that aren't the friends you see on a regular basis? How many 'friends' can a person have?

I have a few facebook friends that are people I haven't seen since high school. It is so nice to reconnect with them and see what they're up to. The strange part is either running into them or making plans with them when you might not have seen them in (ahem) 20 years.

Is it awkward to see them? Do you wish they didn't know all of your facebook secrets?

It's a bit like having a pen pal. I remember as a teen, with Tiger Beat or 16 magazine, or even Owl, there were pen pals in the back. I always wanted to do write to one, but I never did. Once the internet age came around, I finally took advantage of the opportunity to connect with a stranger.

My first internet 'pen pal', if you can call her that, was Joy Hamilton. I chose her from a list of other expectant mom on www.epregnancy.com. We had the same due date and we hit it off right away. Back, then with no kids, we sent each other long emails every day and sometimes more than once a day. When we had concerns about the pregnancy, we asked each other for support. It was so nice to have her as a friend.

The second kids came hard and fast. Her son had a few problems that were detected in utero and I couldn't imagine dealing with all that. I wanted to be supportive, but I didn't know how. When I got pregnant with Precious, I had problems too but we just didn't have the time to keep in touch as much.

We still haven't met in person, but you never know! Maybe one day I'll be invited to her Christmas tree burning party!
This photo is from May but it has been raining for almost a week with another week of rain expected, so I thought I'd post a photo of when the sun was shining, just to remind me what it looks like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP