Mom Blogs

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I spend so much of my day talking to the parents of my children's friends. I miss talking to my friends. Many of the parents I see every day are great and some of them have become more than just acquaintances, but since when don't I get to pick my own friends anymore!? My day often involves moving from one child's activity to another and supervising playtime at the park or playdates. To combat the feelings of loneliness and isolation, I started blogging.

Since I started blogging, I've been noticing a lot of other moms out there who are also blogging. It seems that every time I turn on the computer, I discover another "mom blog". Christine has sent me some. Some of the blogs are hilarious and the people are obviously talented writers too. Check out McKenna's blog or Ali Edwards' blog. If you google "mom blogs", you'll get over 300,000 hits! That's 10 times as many as "dad blogs".

There are so many mom blogs that Canadian Family magazine listed some of their faves. There's even a site called The Mom Blogs!

Why are all these mom's blogging? I'm not sure, but I think most of us are doing it to feel connected. I can tell you that one of the things I miss the most since I became a SAHM is adult interaction. Blogging is a one-sided way to get a bit of adult time. As I write my entries, it almost feels like a conversation. Reading someone else's blog can feel like a nice chat with a friend.

Blogging is also a way to share information about things we have learned about facilities, programs or techniques that have worked well with our kids.

We also get to brag a bit about our kids and what mom doesn't love to do that?

Blogging is a creative outlet. We can write and post photos or digital pages we have created.

1 comments:

Christine June 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Oh I think you've hit the nail on the head... sometimes we all feel like no one is listening, and so we blog.. then we feel like someone is!! Don't worry Beth, I am!! Keep posting away, I'm reading them everyday!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP