Hopped Up on Goof Balls

Monday, June 30, 2008

I dropped my dad off at the hospital this morning for his knee replacement surgery. He was anxious about the whole thing, and rightly so. I've never had any surgery more serious than my wisdom tooth removal and I don't really like the idea of any of my flesh being cut open.

My brother and I went together to save on parking and gas, and we stayed for about 2 hours. My dad was receiving narcotics and he was kind of funny. It was a little like being at a party and someone has had a little too much to drink. His conversation bounced around and he also told us that he found it painful when there were gaps in our conversation . The best part was when the 20-something nurse left the room and I commented on her suitability as a date (for my brother!) and my dad said he was thinking the same thing (for himself!)

I can't wait to tell him the things he said once he gets out of the narcotic fog.

While I was gone, the kids watched Muppet Treasure Island which we had borrowed from the library. Precious has been fighting her naps the last month or so and she was really worn out with a 2-hour therapy session this morning, so apparently she fell asleep while watching the movie. DH took the time to take a picture of her sweet face and you can really see her gorgeous skin in this photo.
Tomorrow is Canada Day and we're invited to a pool party. Sadly, we'll miss my mom's party, but we'll have a great time, I'm sure. I can't wait to take a million pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP