Don't Eat the Bad Cheese, and other wisdom your mother didn't need to tell you

Friday, June 20, 2008

I wasn't feeling too hungry last night at dinner so I just roasted up some veggies with olive oil and then sprinkled a bit of feta on top. It was one of those huge Costco feta containers that I have been very careful with - ie. I always use a clean fork to get some out and keep the container in the coldest part of the fridge. Well, none of that matters when the cheese is 4 months past the expiry date.

Needless to say, I am flat on my back and have been in the bathroom more times than I care to mention. I am so tired and nauseated. Drinking water sends my stomach into spasms. I missed Precious' 'graduation' from preschool this morning because I couldn't get out of bed.

DH had to take the day off work and do everything, which included packing up for the cottage. I say 'the cottage' as though it's mine, but it's actually the cottage of a friend who will not be using it this weekend and they have graciously offered it to us to borrow. As we speak, DH is out with the three kids grocery shopping - something I have not attempted in about 8 months. It's just so much easier when I'm down a kid or two.

So where was I? My mom never bothered to tell me not to eat bad cheese, and I honestly never thought it would happen to me. Some of the gems she has told me is that if I sit too close to the t.v., it will ruin my eyes. Going outside in the winter with wet hair will give you a cold. It's important not to be too skinny in case you get sick because you'll never have anything to fight with. If you have felt liners in your boots, you won't get a cold. You should always turn the lights out when you leave the room. Funny thing is that many of these things are actually turning out to be true! Mom, if only you had told me to check the expiry date on the feta.

1 comments:

Christine June 20, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

OMG Beth, that is terrible!! Wow I hope you start to feel better before the cottage! Take care!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP