Decorating

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last year, when it was becoming obvious that our queen-sized bed was at the end of its useful life, we contemplated switching to a king-sized bed. I didn't want to spend money on all new bedding and I imagined that a king-sized bed would be really expensive. Turns out I spent less than $200 on new bedding because we already had a king-sized duvet and comforter. And the king-sized bed wasn't much more than a queen.

We re-painted our room Benjamin Moore's Lennox Tan. The colour looked great in Mr. Boy's north facing room, but our room has both southern and northern exposures and under that light, it is a bit too yellow and cloying. Now I'm thinking of re-painting, but I'll wait until we have our windows replaced so we don't have to do it twice.

The bed itself is called Queen from EQ3. We chose a dark brown microfibre with a greenish undertone, very similar to my favourite Benjamin Moore colour, Buckhorn. Our den and our front entry are already painted Buckhorn and I'm not done using it around our house.

I love the nudes that I inherited from my aunt, and we had the shaggy rugs already. The arc lamp is also from EQ3. Now we need bed-side lamps and a few sparkly accessories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP