These Are a Few of My Favourite Things

Thursday, May 8, 2008

This post is all about the robin's eggs I found yesterday and today. In driving school, over 20 years ago, Yoni taught me to 'aim high in steering', but I realized that sometimes you need to look right in front of you to see the special things.

I was out walking with my friend Mindy and I noticed something pale blue on the ground. In my paradigm of toddlers and preschoolers, I thought I saw a toy or a candy, but on closer inspection, it was half of a pale blue egg shell. It was so delicate, that I put it in my pocket and before I could show Sweet Pea (child #2), she fell into me and it was crushed. The old me (before kids) would have been so upset that my precious find was smashed, but I managed to shrug it off. Imagine my surprise this morning when I was outside and found another egg! This one was deep blue and gorgeous.

What I've learned from this is that sometimes looking to the future is a waste of time when everything you need is right in front of you. My kids are here with me now and they're perfect, so I don't need to worry about the next milestone or event or improvement I want to make in my life. I can cherish these moments. I am so lucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP