Pop Princess

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My husband and I do not have the same taste in music. My mom raised me on Nana Mouskouri, the soundtrack of The Sound of Music, and Luciano Pavarotti. My dad raised me on the Beatles and country music, especially Willie Nelson.

DH's taste is very cutting edge. He sees bands most people have never heard before, before they hit it big. He has introduced me to Shout Out Out Out, Modest Mouse, Portishead, Metric, Steely Dan, Death Cab for Cutie, among others. Some of the music I have really enjoyed, and Death Cab for Cutie is one of my favourite bands.

That being said, I tend to enjoy music that could only be classified as 'pop'. In my defence, it's called pop because it's popular. And popular music tends to be catchy. And that's what I like. I enjoy the pop princesses like Rihanna, Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, and I really like the new Miley Cyrus song, See You Again. I listen to country music once in a while, especially the Dixie Chicks and Faith Hill. My husband claims that I only like bands that have female singers, and it's true that most of the bands I like have female leads. But I do like ColdPlay, JT, Tim McGraw and Hedley too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP