Patience is a Virtue

Friday, May 9, 2008

30 Minutes or free. Instant Messaging. Overnight Delivery.

Why are we in such a rush?

One of the things I like about gardening is that it moves at its own pace. No one can really make the flowers bloom or the plants grow much faster than they would on their own. Time is not counted in second, minutes or weeks, but rather in seasons, months, years and even decades.

When is the best time to plant a tree? 20 years ago. When is the second best time? Today.

I love to putter around my garden and look at all the plants that are slowly making their way out of the ground. I like to make changes here and there and I moved some hostas to a sunnier location, which they seemed to like. We'll see how they do this summer. They're spreading already.

Peonies 'resent' being moved, but I moved a bunch last year and the year before and managed to get two blooms off one of the plants the first year after the move. I was delighted! I wish I was always so patient!

Right now I think I won't be making any changes to the garden this year, but we'll see what happens once everything is up and I see how it all looks.

For now, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP