No glasses for Precious

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here are the pictures of the bag I made on the weekend. I got the idea from the book Generation T which I had borrowed from the library after seeing the author featured on CityLine. The first picture is one side of the bag, and the other picture is the opposite side of the same bag. It took me longer than I had hoped because of figuring out the machine, but also because I didn't have quite enough fabric left over for the handles so I had to re-work the pattern, which took longer.

I plan to make a couple more bags sometime soon.












Today I was at the children's hospital for an eye exam for Precious. She sometimes trips over table legs or thresholds or over the edges of carpets so she was referred to ophthalmology. Turns out she doesn't need glasses. I couldn't be more surprised. To tell you the truth, I feel that maybe they didn't do their job correctly since she walked out of there without glasses. I wasn't too impressed with the doctor and I don't think she was too impressed with me after I (diplomatically, I thought) suggested that Precious would be more co-operative if the doctor lowered her voice a bit.

I expected Precious to get corrective lenses prescribed, and then we would see an improvement in her balance and also a reduction in her eyes shaking back and forth. I guess I shouldn't go looking for trouble, but I am a little skeptical about the results the doctor gave us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP