Favourite Scents

Friday, May 16, 2008

Do you have some smells that just transport you to another place or time? Fresh bread make you think of Grandma? Does the smell of Tide detergent make you think of your cousin? Ever have a smell make you pause and think of something you couldn't quite put your finger on?

Smells are really important to me. I can live in a messy house from time to time, but never a smelly one. I wish smells could be sent over the internet so you could smell these lovely lilacs.

My neighbour invited me to borrow her Grandpa's weeder so I could attack my dandelion problem. She also offered me some cuttings from her lilac. What a gorgeous smell!

This spring, I planted my own 'common' lilac in the back corner behind my pine trees. Not much other than goatsbeard grows in that shady spot with the acidic soil.

When I was little, my mom used to cut lilac branches from the bush down the road, wrap them in wet paper towel and then tin foil. I would bring them to my bus driver and teachers. What a great idea that was!

I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla. Fresh cut grass. Laundry hung on the line. Newborn babies. Christmas trees. Peonies. Farenheit cologne. Chocolate cake baking.

What are your favourite smells?

1 comments:

Christine May 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Thanks for sharing that link today! I thought it was going to take me to her Grandpa's blog or something, I was thinking - -wow that old guy is progressive :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP